Thank you for your interest in the Early Childhood Education Program!
Step 1: Learn about our program
Review the Early Childhood Education website.
Step 2: Request an information packet
Contact Doree Dennis to request an ECE Information Packet be sent to you. Review the information about our program.
Step 3: What are your educational and career goals?
Before Advising, consider your goals and current situation. Do you have any early childhood education (ECE) credentials already? These are earned from workplace experience. If yes, bring your current certificates/transcripts to your advising meeting. Let your Advisor know beforehand that you have an outside credential. We may accept these credentials for non-traditional transfer credits:
- CDA (Child Development Associate) Certificate
- Oregon Registry Step 7 Certificate plus OR Registry Step 7 transcripts
- Northwest Nannies Certificate
Have you taken Early Childhood Education classes at a previous college? If yes, then the ECE Department will need to evaluate those classes to determine if they are equivalent to any of our ECE classes for transfer credits.
- Supply us with a copy of your transcript showing the ECE courses and your grades plus a copy of the course descriptions. These descriptions can be from the online college catalog from your previous school.
Did you attend a previous college?
- If yes, how to get your transfer credits for General Education classes.
Step 4: Meet with an ECE Advisor
Set up an appointment to meet with an ECE Advisor at Sylvania Campus, SS 201. Advisor Contacts:
Early Childhood Education
Sylvania Campus – SS 201
12000 SW 49th Ave.
Portland, OR 97219