Required Tool List
Quality tools are a very important part of your automotive training and work experience. Buy quality tools. Professional technician experience proves that quality tools will fit fasteners properly, last longer and help you to work safely and more efficiently.
The following items should be purchased during the first mod and will be required to move on to second mod courses.
Tools and supplies for the program will cost approximately $3000.
- Snap-on SEPSTARTER and SEPAUTOADD Starter Sets (these SPECIFIC sets are required and only available to admitted AST students, via the SY Bookstore)
- Fluke Multi-Meter Model 115 (this specific multi-meter is required)
- Dial thermometer 0-220 degree F
- 6" electronic digital caliper
- Student work shirts (at least 2 required)
- Safety glasses (ANSI Z87+ Certified)
- Black nitrile gloves
- Automotive portfolio binder kit (a specific kit is required and only available via the SY Bookstore)
- Tool box must fit 26" deep x 12.5" wide x 16" high
- Automotive Technology Text
- 3 ring binders
- Fine-tip highlighters in several colors
- Filler paper