Communicate More Effectively
Building communication skills is critical to your professional success. At PCC Professional Development and Training, we offer a variety of classes to help you develop work relationships, network effectively, and have a great rapport with both your boss and employees.
Learn to actively listen and implement feedback, identify your communication style, and reap the rewards of improved communication with the people around you.
Learn to communicate more clearly whether you are building a network, working with a team, or interested in having more fulfilling everyday interactions. By understanding the way you communicate with others, you can explore how others perceive you and how better communication can make it easier for you to get along in the workplace.
Dealing with a difficult work relationship? Learn how to turn a frustrating situation into a win/win scenario, with skills and techniques that allow you to understand and cope with different personalities you’ll encounter. Conflict does not have to be a negative experience. In fact, it plays a vital and necessary part in our personal growth and development. Understand how to work through conflict with your team in a way that avoids hurt feelings and improves employee performance.
Challenge your understanding of “difficult” people to improve work relationships and overcome frustration.
You will learn how to:
- Assess a situation from multiple angles
- Apply centering techniques to maintain self-control
- Use language that allows everyone to retain their dignity and feel they’ve been heard
- Respond in ways that quell difficult behavior and avoid escalating negative encounters
- Develop coping strategies for dealing with difficult coworkers
- Types of conflict, stages of conflict, and how conflict escalates
- When to use each of the 5 most common conflict resolution styles
- When and how a leader should intervene to help others
- Effective intervention strategies
- How spontaneous action can cause regrets, while reflective action can help you find solutions
- How communicating by paraphrasing, asking questions, using body language, and listening actively can aid conflict resolution
- Techniques to increase positive information flow, verbally and non-verbally
- To use the Johari window to better understand your relationships
- Ways to use conflicts as an opportunity to enhance productivity and performance
Learn a variety of communication styles to improve clear and effective messaging to coworkers and/or employees.
Provides practical hands-on information regarding; communicate messages, counsel, motivate, direct, and work with different behavioral styles, and includes notable qualities of great presenters and communicators.
You will learn to:
- Lead with humility, Respect every individual, Create constancy of purpose
- Identify your style and explore the priorities that drive you during your workday
- Discover the similarities and differences among the DiSC styles
- Discover your reactions to different DiSC styles
- Identify what works for you and what challenges you when working with each style
- Recognize others DiSC styles based on their behavioral cues.
Develop your Emotional Intelligence (EQ) for deeper personal connections and greater professional success.
When you look at truly extraordinary individuals, you will see that they inspire and make a difference by connecting with people at a personal and emotional level. What differentiated them was not their IQ, but their EQ.
IQ may get you in the door, but it is your EQ, your ability to connect with people and manage the emotions of yourself and others, that is the larger factor in your long-term success.
You will learn to:
- Understand, use and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Validate and sympathize with others’ emotions to manage interactions more effectively
- Recognize the link between emotional well-being and physical health
- Use optimism to your advantage
- Set your personal vision with a vision statement
- Apply the emotional intelligence blueprint to have more positive, fulfilling workplace interactions
Upcoming Course Schedule
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.