Your Path to a Brighter Future
Do you want to continue your education, but don’t know where to start? With YES to College, you can take classes to prepare for your GED tests, learn about interesting careers and get the support you need to achieve your goals.
The Right Fit
YES to College serves students who:
- are 16 to 20 years old
- live in one of the following school districts: Portland, Beaverton, Tigard-Tualatin, Lake Oswego, Sherwood or David Douglas
- have dropped out of high school OR may not be able to graduate
- are interested in earning their GED as the first step toward college and career development
A Program that Supports You
YES to College provides young learners with a continuum of support and resources as they progress through skill building, GED completion, and a guided transition to post-secondary education and careers.
Students in YES to College will:
- receive individualized academic supports and advising
- develop and build personal management and communication skills
- develop behaviors and strategies to maximize their academic potential
- prepare themselves for life-long learning and enduring personal and professional success
This scholarship program pays for tuition, books, and some student fees for all accepted students while working towards your GED, with the potential for continued tuition and book support through the first year of college (up to about 36 credits). Students who successfully complete their coursework and GED in the YES to College program may also be eligible to transition into Gateway to College, obtain a Future Connect scholarship, or qualify for Project Degree.
In order to make sure that your application receives full consideration, please complete the Steps to Enroll, and return all application materials to the College Success Coach at the campus you wish to attend.
Your Time to Shine
YES to College can give you the knowledge, resources, and confidence to change your life. Students just like you are earning their GEDs, continuing their education in college and pursuing exciting careers. Join us on the first step to a brighter future.
- See the Steps to Enroll
- Excellent attendance is a top priority, so be prepared to come to class every day.