ESOL - Newberg
Steps to Get Started
- Go to the Newberg Center.
- Register and take the placement exam. Hours you can take the exam:
- Thursday, March 13, 6-8pm
- Wednesday, March 19, 6-8pm
- PCC will call you to tell you which class you will attend.
- Attend class and tell the teacher if you plan to commit to taking the class.
- You will need to pay for the class.
There are several possible payment situations:
- If your children belong to the Newberg School District, you can qualify for a 50% scholarship from the Newberg School District. For this you will need to contact Jonathan Fost at 503-554-5037
- If you are receiving food stamps, or you are on the Oregon Health plan, or are a dislocated worker, you can qualify for to take the class for free. For this you will need to bring a copy of proof of your participation with a current date, your name, the name of the program and your policy number. Your teacher will help you.
If you don’t qualify for either program then you will pay the regular amount for the class. To do this you will send a check or money order to:
PCCInclude your student ID number included (ask your teacher for your student ID number).
PO Box 19000
Portland OR 97280
You need to tell the teacher within the first week if you are going to take the class. If not, you will need to pay for the class.
Please call John Sparks, 971-722-4565 if you have questions. Please leave a message. He will call you back.
Schedule of Classes
|Level 1||Mondays & Wednesdays||6 to 8:50pm||$46.40||Springbrook Education Center|
|Level 2||Mondays & Wednesdays||6 to 8:50pm||$46.40||Springbrook Education Center|
|Level 3||Mondays & Wednesdays||6 to 8:50pm||$46.40||Springbrook Education Center|
|Level 4||Mondays & Wednesdays||6:30 to 8:20pm||$85.30||Newberg Center|