Submitting a quiz in progress
If a student is unable or forget to submit a quiz, or if a quiz is stuck “in progress,” you can submit the attempt so that it can be graded.
- What is required: A D2L Brightspace course with a quiz attempt that a student has not submitted or is in progress
Step 1: Find attempts
- Click on Quizzes from the Course navbar
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the quiz you want to find and select Grade
- Click the Show User Options link to open filter the view to only students who have an attempt in progress
- Click the drop-down arrow under “Restrict to” menu, select Users with attempts in progress from the list
- Click on the magnifying glass icon to run the search filter. The search will return all users with attempts that are still in progress. If there are no learners with attempts in progress, the search will return ‘0’ results
Step 2: Submit an attempt
- To submit the quiz for the student, the instructor clicks on the “Enter Quiz as User” icon which displays to the right of the “(in progress)” status
- A pop-up confirmation window will shows up. Click the Yes button to enter the quiz as the student
- A page that list the student’s responses to the quiz questions will open. Click the Submit Quiz button at the bottom of the page to submit the quiz for the student
Note: If you decided not to submit the quiz, cancel and exit the screen by clicking on the Exit Impersonating button at the top right of the page
- After selecting to submit the quiz, a “Quiz Submission Confirmation” page will display. Click on the Submit Quiz button (again) to follow through with the submission. Choose the Back to Questions button to back out of the area. It’s a good practice to check for “in progress” quiz attempts after a quiz has run it’s course.
Quiz questions are automatically saved in most instances but unanswered questions will result in warnings. Instructors may wish to reset the attempt and re-release the quiz to specific users for a re-submission of a quiz if necessary.
Step 3: View an attempt
- Users with an attempt in progress appear under the search results and are identified by the blue “(in progress)” statement appearing to the right of the “attempt x” link. To access an attempt that is in progress, select the “attempt #” link that corresponds to the quiz attempt that is to be viewed.
- Selecting the “attempt #” link brings the “Grade Attempt” page specific to the student forward. The results of the answers that the student chose will display (question by question) under the “Quiz Results” area
- Click on the Quizzes Event Log link to show detail steps of the student when taking the quiz. The quizzes event log keeps track of many information
- Click the Back button at the top left of the page to go back to the list of students with the attempts