This content was published: June 24, 2020. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
June 2020 Highlights
Posted by Donna Swanson
D2L Brightspace 20.20.05 updates for June will be installed on Thursday, June 25th, 2020
This month’s updates Include:
- Assignments – new create and edit experience
- Rubrics – Accessibility improvements in Rubric creation workflow
- Widgets – My Courses and Updates widgets display unevaluated assignment submissions
- End of Life – Assignment Grader Mobile App
Assignments – Create and edit experience | New
We will wait until later this summer to turn on the new look for you to use. There is still some missing features and functionality.
Rubrics – Accessibility improvements in Rubric creation workflow
The following updates have been made to improve the accessibility of the rubric creation workflow:
- The button next to the page title is now labelled so a screen reader reads “Actions for [title]” when the button has the focus.
- The Overall Score now has the proper heading level so screen reader users can navigate directly to it from the heading list. Previously, users were required to tab through all previous headings in the list first.
- There is no longer a skipped heading level between Rubric Levels and Criterion (both level 3) and Standards (previously level 5).
- In the rubric preview window, Criterion Score has been added as a column header. Previously, the column did not have any header text.
Widgets – My Courses and Updates widgets display unevaluated assignment submissions
The My Courses Widget and the Updates widget now display new, unevaluated assignment submissions instead of unread assignment submission files to instructors. This change aligns the widgets with the Assignments page and the Quick Eval tool to consistently notify users of unevaluated submissions and help them to track their work.
End of Life – Assignment Grader Mobile App
D2L will no longer support the Assignment Grader Mobile App. They will be removing it from the app stores on September 30, 2020
They will no longer support the application, if you do have it installed on your device you may use it indefinitely, but there will be no support available if you encounter issues using it.
The replacement tool will be Quick Eval tool that D2L introduced a few months ago.