This content was published: June 7, 2018. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
2017 Faculty Media Use Survey Results
Posted by Heather Guevara
Thank you for your participation in the 2017 faculty media use survey. This survey has been conducted twice since 2013 and was distributed to all faculty using D2L Brightspace last spring. Here are the results:
Of note regarding the results of this survey:
- Since 2013, there has been an increase in the use of captioned media. 46% of faculty indicate that they are using captioned media in their courses.
- A majority of faculty know they can reach out for proactive help in meeting online accommodation needs.
- Reported use of publisher content has dropped from 54% to 47%.
- 46% of faculty indicate that they are using some form of OER in their classes.
- Faculty indicate that the top two reasons for not adopting media in their courses are time constraints and know-how.
For assistance with integrating media in your courses, please complete the Media Production Request Form. For questions about this survey, please contact Online Learning.
Thanks to Supada and Monica for collecting the results and generating the graphic!