If you’re you eligible for work study and would love to get involved with the Virtual Reality Development Center, we’re accepting applications for VR lab Facilitators.
What is a VR Lab Facilitator?
A VR lab Facilitator is someone who is excited to be a part of a community in which everyone is a creator, a learner, and a teacher. VR lab Facilitators are creative contributors, dedicated to creating a diverse, inclusive, accessible and supportive learning environment. They are curious, driven, dedicated, determined, respectful, kind and are self-directed.
What do VR lab Facilitators do?
- Provide training and educational support to users in the VR lab
- Lead VR lab orientations for new students, faculty and community members, introducing the VR lab’s mission, goals, space, equipment, projects, resources, and activities.
- Monitor VR lab operations to ensure the proper and safe use of equipment, and best practices for a shared, collaborative work environment
- Cross-train with other VR lab Facilitators, sharing and learning in all areas in the VR lab
- Maintain and clean the VR lab in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Prepare materials and maintain supplies
- Maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor
- Engage in special projects as assigned by manager
- Dependable and punctual
How can I apply to be a VR lab Facilitator?
To apply, first ensure that you are eligible for work-study. Then, fill out this online application.