Helpful Maker Links
Laser Guides and Tutorials
- Laser Orientation Training Guide for Cascade Training guide for new laser users at PCC Cascade
- Step By Step guide for Laser Software Use this equipment guide when you are ready to run the laser
- Illustrator and Laser software videos Collection of videos of laser and illustrator software guides
- Illustrator and Laser Software slideshow Another basic illustrator software guide
- Illustrator videos on Youtube endless amounts of tutorials to be found here!
- Inventables Laser-able materials resource and guides
- MakerCase Generates tabbed box templates for the laser
- Boxes.PY Another fancy laser-cut box template maker
- Template Maker templates for awesome papercraft boxes of different shapes
- Lasercut Examples Collection of examples of laser-cut projects done at PCC Cascade and beyond
- Sign-up calendar page for 60w Laser Cutter in MAHB 109
- 3D printing training guide 3D printers training guide for PCC Cascade
- How to merge stl files together using meshmixer
- How to fix/clean up stl files for 3d printing
- How to blend cool surface textures onto STL models using Blender
3D Model repositories
- Smithsonian 3D Digitization online collection of 3D scans from all around the world.
- Thingiverse The largest free 3D model repository. Wide variety of materials.
- PinShape Large collection of free and paid models.
- NIH 3D Print Exchange High detail medical models, molecular models, and a variety of lab equipment. Some models will require editing and/or specialized 3D printing equipment to print properly.
- NASA Models of asteroids, NASA space crafts, rovers equipment, details of lunar surface.
- MyMiniFactory Mostly free models, some paid. Large collection of tested, printable models. Extensive collection of scans of ancient art and famous landmarks.
- Libre 3D Small set of free models. Primarily hobby.
- GrabCad Primarily models related to engineering
- Dremel 3D Idea Builder Small set of models with lesson plans.
- African Fossils Collection of about 200 fossils including Hominids, animals, and tools.
- 3D Orchard Small collection of free models and design tutorials
CNC Router Resources
- CNC tutorial guide Training guide for the Shopbot CNC Router at PCC Cascade (now located in the CAT Studio in TEB)
- OpenBuilds awesome open-source CNC projects
- CNC Cookbook
- VCarve Tutorials collection of tutorials for V-carve Pro, the program used for generating tool-paths for the CNC router in the Fab Lab and CAT studio.
Vinyl Cutter Resources
- Step By Step Guide for the Roland GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
- Pacific coast sign supply (local vinyl and sign supplier located off Belmont st.)
- This to That (adhesives guide)
- How I Design Stuff, Straight Up Smart Design blog post
- Sarotis Experimental Prosthesis Soft robotics exploration using lasercut molds and silicone castings. Excellent series of videos showcasing the prototyping process working with soft robotics, wearables and liquid prosthetics
- Resin Casting in Mold
- Cold Casting Metal Parts
- Sculpting masks with monster clay!
- Making silicone molds of the masks! (pt. 2)
- Casting pewter in to a silicone mold
- 3D printed animatronic dual eye mechanism tutorial and guide
- 507 Mechanical Movements
- How does Theo Jansen Mechanism Work?
- Gear Template Generator
- Gear Generator
- Nguyen Duc Thang’s Animated Mechanical Models
- My 10 Favorite Mechanical Animations from Wikipedia
- Ten Nifty Linkage Designs
- Available locally in the bookstore
- Mr. Plywood local wood supply for thin plywood and veneer
- Inventables (great for small CNC jobs)
- TAP Plastics (local) has an awesome scrap bin for finding cheap acrylic
- RE Claim It! local salvage scrap store on Killingsworth st.
- plywood and acrylic available in the bookstore
- Inventables Laser-able materials resource
High Density Foam
- Adafruit largest collection of electronics tutorials
- Tayda Electronics cheap online prices with fast shipping
- Jameco Electronics
- Electronics Goldmine
- URS Electronics (local electronics supplier)
- All Electronics surplus store with random good deals
- LED Supply
- 3M Electrically Conductive Adhesive Transfer Tape 9703
- Servo City
- Inventables (mostly CNC hardware)
- MISUMI (mostly CNC hardware)
- Micro-Mark small tool specialist store
- Home Depot
- W.C. Winks Hardware (local on SE Stark)
- Horizon Hobby hardware and linkage supplier
- Stock Drive Products / Sterling Instrument Industrial mechanism distributor
- RC4WD mechanism distributor (mostly for model cars)
- Gear Generator awesome gear template generator
- Gear Template Generator another awesome gear template generator for wooden gears
- Stock Drive Products mechanism distributor for industrial parts
- Misumi another industrial mechanism distributor
- Sticker Ninja local sticker company
- Sticker Guy another awesome (and cheap) sticker company (based in Reno, NV)
- local powdercoating
- local chrome finish shop
Local Fabrication Shops
- Scientific Research Company Local fabrication company offering various services including welding & metal lasercutting (minimum orders starting at ~$45, incl. materials).
- Pacific North Press Provides custom screenprinting, embroidery, stickers, and more! Off of Tillamook st. in NE