“At the intersection of art, technology, entrepreneurship, and science, the Fab Lab provides a space for interdisciplinary collaboration, education, and innovation. Based on an open culture of learning, teaching, and sharing, we aim to make a positive social impact through education, innovation, and civic engagement.”
We have lots of great options for PCC students to get involved with the Fab Lab. Check out your options:
Join us during open lab to work on your projects! Getting started is easy. Contact the Fab Lab for details.
- Come by during open lab hours to see the equipment.
- Read tutorials listed under ‘tools and tutorials’ and email to schedule a time to get tested to be certified on new equipment.
- Become tool certified and use the lab for your projects.
Instructors, if you are interested in scheduling a class tour of the Fab Lab, just email Darcy Neal to arrange one.
Be a Fab Lab Facilitator
We are hiring for work study! Email email@example.com if you qualify for work study and would like to work in the fab lab.
What is a Fab Lab Facilitator?
A Fab Lab Facilitator is someone who is excited to be a part of a community in which everyone is a creator, a learner, and a teacher. Fab Lab Facilitators are creative contributors, dedicated to creating a diverse, inclusive, accessible and supportive learning environment. They are curious, driven, dedicated, determined, respectful, kind and are self-directed.
What do Fab Lab Facilitators do?
- Provide training and educational support to users in the Fab Lab
- Lead Fab Lab orientations for new students, faculty and community members, introducing the Fab Lab’s mission, goals, space, tools, projects, resources, and activities.
- Monitor Fab Lab operations to ensure the proper and safe use of tools, and best practices for shared, collaborative work environment
- Cross-train with other Fab Lab Facilitators, sharing and learning in all areas in the Fab Lab
- Maintain and clean the Fab Lab in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Prepare materials and maintain supplies
- Maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor
- Engage in special projects as assigned by manager
- Dependable and punctual
How can I apply to be a Fab Lab Facilitator?
To apply, email one or more of the following to Darcy Neal.
- Statement of Interest that answers the following questions:
- Why you are interested in being a Fab Lab Facilitator?
- What education, experience, skills and/or qualities will make you a great Fab Lab Facilitator?
- What do you hope to gain from your experience as a Fab Lab Facilitator?
- Cover letter and resume