Summit is the combined catalog of member libraries of the Orbis Cascade Alliance. These Pacific Northwest academic libraries have joined together to allow easy searching, requesting, and delivery of their more than 27 million items to credit students, staff and faculty. Summit borrowing is available to all currently enrolled credit-seeking students.
Requesting Summit items
- You must be currently enrolled as a credit student to have Summit privileges.
- Find the item you want using library search
- Click on the "Availability & Request Options" link near the title.
- Click on the "Request from another Summit Library (about 5 days)" link.
- On the "Resource Sharing Request" page, select pickup location.
- If your request is for an item, volume, or part of a multiple-part item, please indicate this in the "Volume" field. Example: "Volume 37", or "CD." Place one request for each item, volume, or part that you need.
- A "Request Submitted" confirmation screen will indicate that the request has been assigned a borrowing request number.
- Important: When you are done, click "Sign Out" in the upper right corner of the page. Also, be sure to close out of the browser window to ensure that you are fully closed out of your account.
- If your request cannot be filled, you will receive an email notifying you that your summit request was cancelled. If you would like to continue with the request, you will need to place a new request using Interlibrary Loan.
- Materials can be picked up at the requested PCC location in about five days.
Status of request
- On the Library search page, select sign in.
- Sign in with your PCC account user name and password, then select "Login"
- Select "My Account" (on the upper right)
- Select "Requests" (on the left)
- If you have a visiting patron account at another Summit Institution, click on that institution to see loans, requests, etc. placed at that location.
Arrival and pick-up of items
- You will be notified by PCC email when the item is available for pick up.
- Items must be picked up within 7 calendar days after they are available.
- Regular loan period: 6 weeks with no renewal.
- Short-term loan period: 6 days with no renewal (videos and CDs)
- Important: Do not remove or discard the book bands, stickers, or accompanying paging slips from Summit items to ensure proper credit to your record for returned materials.
Summit Visiting Patron Program
- PCC borrowers can visit other Summit libraries to check out materials.
- You will need to verify your status at the other library by logging into your PCC library account.
- Once "adopted" by the other library, you can begin using that library's materials.
- Non-PCC borrowers can also be adopted at PCC Library. Once "adopted", they may begin checking out PCC-owned materials.