Donate Items to Reduce Fines
Reduce library overdue fines in exchange for donations of packaged food or new hygiene products (like toothpaste or shampoo). You receive $5.00 or $10.00 off your overdue fines for each item donated. Bring items to any PCC Campus Library checkout desk to make an exchange.
The library does not accept any items that are opened, dented, damaged, or expired. Exchanges apply to recent, overdue fines only. Fines over 1 year old, already paid, or sent to a collections agency are excluded. This program does not apply to charges related to replacement or damage.
Any single packaged food item that meets the condition requirements and that weighs 6 ounces or more is worth $5.00 in exchange value.
Please consider choosing high protein or easily prepared items such as: canned beans, low sodium canned soup/stew, pasta, or pasta sauce.
Note: Packets of dried ramen noodles such as Top Ramen or Maruchan Ramen are not accepted.
Bonus for Hygiene and Large-Size Items
Donating hygiene items or larger food sizes are worth double. Each item from the following list is worth $10.00 in exchange value.
Note: Only items on this list qualify for the bonus.
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash, or shaving cream (10 oz. or greater)
- 1 multi-pack of disposable razors
- 1 multi-pack bars of soap
- 1 box of menstrual products
- 1 multi-pack of toothbrushes
- Full-sized toothpaste (3 oz. or greater)
- Full-sized deodorant (2 oz. or greater)
- 1 large can of beans (excludes green beans; must be over 16 oz.)
- 1 large can of soup (over 12 oz.)
- 1 jar of peanut butter (over 15 oz.)
- 1 jar of jelly (over 10 oz.)
- 1 can of tuna or meat (over 4 oz.)
All items are donated to the ASPCC Panther Pantry.
If you are having trouble affording food or basic hygiene items, visit a pantry for assistance.
Panther Pantry Locations
Panther Pantry – located at the ASPCC help desk (Student Union Bldg, second floor)
Contact: email@example.com or 971-722-5188 or visit the Panther Pantry for details.
Panther Pantry – located in Building 5, Room 122
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Panther Pantry for details.
Panther Pantry – located in Mount Tabor Hall, Room 105
Contact: 971-722-6262 or visit the Panther Pantry for details.
Panther Pantry – located in the CC building, Room 221
Contact: email@example.com or visit the Panther Pantry for details.