University Transfer

Portland Community College offers a variety of university transfer courses. You can earn your Associate of Arts (A.A.) Transfer Degree or Association of Science (A.S.) Degree at PCC and transfer to a U.S. four-year institution to complete your Bachelor’s degree.

2 years at community college plus 2 years at university equals a 4 year bachelor's degree

Which degrees can I earn at PCC to transfer to a four-year institution?

Associate of Arts (A.A.) Transfer Degree

For international students interested in majoring in Art, Business, History, Languages, Music, Sociology, Psychology or other fields in the social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences. All Oregon public four-year universities accept this degree.

Association of Science (A.S.) Degree

Designed for students planning to transfer credits to a baccalaureate degree program at an Oregon four-year institution. This degree is for students majoring in biological sciences, computer sciences, earth sciences, mathematics, physical sciences, engineering, and premedical sciences.

How can I transfer to university?

Students can take from one term to two full years at PCC then transfer credits to a U.S. four-year university. PCC has agreements with universities throughout Oregon;

Can I transfer to other universities?

Yes. Credits also transfer to universities across the U.S. Our international student advisors can assist with educational planning that will make your transfer to university an easier one.

For additional information about specific PCC courses that transfer to university, please visit the University Transfer website.