International Student Advisors in the Office of International Student Services are the main point of contact for academic advising for international students.
Unavailable for Spring and Summer 2020
Please contact Meryl.DePasquale@pcc.edu to be connected with another advisor who can help.
Our mission aligns with that of General Advising, which is to support students’ intellectual growth, empower students to clarify and attain their diverse academic, personal and professional goals, foster student retention, and promote student success.
Below are a few examples of ways that we offer support with through academic advising:
- making academic progress
- adhering to PCC’s Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- choosing appropriate classes and requirements for one’s degree
- arranging short- and long-term educational plans
- understanding university transfer requirements
- Reviewing unofficial transcripts
- GRAD Plan academic planner
- petitioning for graduation
- taking placement tests
- learning how to use the course catalog and class schedule
- navigating MyPCC
- online registration
- checking grades
- making payments
- applying to specific PCC programs
- understanding institutional policies and procedures
- serving as a liaison between student, staff, faculty, and community
- connecting students with college and community resources
- and much more!