2017-18 Profile of PCC students who transferred to 4-year institutions
PCC transfer student summary
Approximately 5,273 students attending PCC in 2017-18, enrolled in a 4-year institution of higher education in Fall 2018.
While hundreds of different colleges and universities were transfer destinations, 78% of PCC student college and university transfers were to one of the following 8 institutions:
- Portland State University, 2,652 students, 50% of transfers.
- Oregon State University, 558 students, 11% of transfers.
- Oregon Institute of Technology, 164 students, 3% of transfers.
- University of Oregon, 246 students, 5% of transfers.
- Oregon Health and Sciences University, 113 students, 2% of transfers.
- Concordia University (Portland), 126 students, 2% of transfers.
- Pacific University, 133 students, 3% of transfers.
Over one third (35%) of students transferred with a PCC degree or certificate.
The average number of credit hours earned at PCC with a grade of A, B, or C before transferring was 66 hours.
The majority (60%) of students had a “transfer intended” major when enrolled at PCC.
Compared to all credit students attending PCC in Fall 2018, a higher percentage of transfer students were White (59% vs. 56%), within the 20-29 age range, (56% vs. 48%), and not Pell grant recipients while enrolled at PCC, (Yes 26%, No 74%).
|Major Categories at PCC||Total||% of Total|
|Majors at PCC||5,273||100%|
|Career Technical Education||737||14%|
|Received Pell at PCC|
|Race, ethnicity and international status|
|PCC Student Type*|
|First time in college||103||2%|
|New to PCC||549||10%|
|Re-admitted to PCC||170||3%|
* as indicated by each student’s record for the last term registered at PCC before transfer/matriculation at another institution.
Source: National Student Clearinghouse Database, Fall 2018.