Professional Development Grants
All full-time faculty, part-time faculty (with assignment rights for Conferences/Workshops), Classified, Confidential, AP, and Managers are eligible to apply for the following categories of grants:
Innovative Project Grants
Funds for innovative projects that support the achievement of PCC’s Mission & Strategic Plan, through activities that facilitate individual professional development and/or departmental enrichment.
Funds to attend or present at conferences and workshops that promote professional renewal and development.
If you are in a Perkins eligible CTE program, please apply for Perkins Grant Funding.
PCC Professional and Organizational Development Funding Beliefs
- Professional and Organizational Development increases organizational and individual capacity for the college to meet the challenges of the future.
- Professional and Organizational Development compliments both strategic college initiatives and supports individual professional and/or career development plans.
- Professional and Organizational Development funding purposes are to:
- Advance organizational and individual capabilities in order that PCC continue to be successful
- Provide opportunity for all employees to be current and successful in their jobs
- Provide opportunity for all employees for professional and career growth
- Build a broad sense of community based on shared vision, experience, and training
- Professional and Organizational Development is consistent with the mission, goals, and values of the college as a learning organization and must be promoted by encouragement and a variety of incentives.
- Professional and Organizational Development supports access to opportunities and resources for all employee groups.
- Professional and Organizational Development is a joint venture between the college and the individual; both have a responsibility for contributing time and resources to its success. Funding may fluctuate from year to year, depending on opportunities, needs, and funds.
- Professional and Organizational Development funding for employee initiated professional and career development, such as work-related conference/workshop travel for professional and career development, will be linked with an individual’s approved development plan.