Professional Development Funding
All full-time faculty, part-time faculty (with assignment rights for Conferences/Workshops), Classified, Confidential, AP, and Managers are eligible to apply for the following categories of grants:
Innovative Project Grants
Funds for innovative projects that support the achievement of PCC’s Mission & Strategic Plan, through activities that facilitate individual professional development and/or departmental enrichment.
Funds to attend or present at conferences and workshops that promote professional renewal and development.
If you are in a Perkins eligible CTE program, please apply for Perkins Grant Funding.
See other funding opportunities at PCC!
Tuition Benefits: Eligible PCC employees qualify for the tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits. Explore PCC Credit and Non-Credit Classes!
PCC Professional and Organizational Development Funding Beliefs
- Professional and Organizational Development increases organizational and individual capacity for the college to meet the challenges of the future.
- Professional and Organizational Development compliments both strategic college initiatives and supports individual professional and/or career development plans.
- Professional and Organizational Development funding purposes are to:
- Advance organizational and individual capabilities in order that PCC continue to be successful
- Provide opportunity for all employees to be current and successful in their jobs
- Provide opportunity for all employees for professional and career growth
- Build a broad sense of community based on shared vision, experience, and training
- Professional and Organizational Development is consistent with the mission, goals, and values of the college as a learning organization and must be promoted by encouragement and a variety of incentives.
- Professional and Organizational Development supports access to opportunities and resources for all employee groups.
- Professional and Organizational Development is a joint venture between the college and the individual; both have a responsibility for contributing time and resources to its success. Funding may fluctuate from year to year, depending on opportunities, needs, and funds.
- Professional and Organizational Development funding for employee initiated professional and career development, such as work-related conference/workshop travel for professional and career development, will be linked with an individual’s approved development plan.
Eligible PCC employees qualify for the tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits. Explore PCC Credit and Non-Credit Classes!