The Office of Equity and Inclusion is committed to the urgent, sustained, and comprehensive work of creating a college climate that demonstrates PCC’s commitment to civil rights, diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize the constant need to evolve in both our understanding and response as we address the needs of our communities. This work belongs to every member of our community, and OEI is a key collaborator in integrating equity, inclusion, and diversity into all aspects of the PCC mission. We are advocates for a just and inclusive college climate, regardless of individual differences, beliefs, or identities.
In collaboration with the entire college, OEI values and engages the following:
- We advocate for the interruption of systems of oppression
- We use critical race theory and social justice theory as a lens for analysis
- We are a resource, a convener, and a model of inclusive practices
- We assess and advise on mitigating harm where equity gaps exist
- We acknowledge that the law can be problematic and is not always equitable. OEI recognizes the lived experiences of our community and strives to work through the systemic inequities in our compliance work to achieve more equitable results.