2021 Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT) Campus Centers
PCC and community partners selected to launch Oregon’s first Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT) Campus Center.
Chosen by the Association of American Colleges and Universities, as part of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s movement toward racial healing
PCC has been selected to participate in the 2021 Institute on Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT) Campus Centers, and the only Oregon higher education institution selected to develop a TRHT Campus Center.
TRHT centers are part of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s TRHT movement – a comprehensive, national and community-based process guided by a framework that focuses on narrative change, racial healing, and understanding of broader issues of systemic and structural racism. During the 2021 Institute, a PCC planning team that includes Campus Compact of Oregon will engage with AAC&U’s national faculty and evaluators, experienced racial healing circle facilitators, and members of existing TRHT Campus Centers to bring the effort on our campuses and in our community. Additional information on the TRHT Framework can be accessed here.
Related Articles & Video
- AAC&U selects 78 colleges for institute on racial healing
- PCC selected to be center for AAC&U’s Institute on Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation
- AAC&U Receives $777,339 in Grant Funding to Support Its Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT) Campus Centers Effort
- Report examines the establishment of 10 campus-based centers focused on racial healing and transformation
- Video: Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation Campus Centers
About the Institute
The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) is partnering with higher education institutions to develop TRHT Campus Centers to prepare the next generation of strategic leaders and critical thinkers to promote racial healing and to catalyze efforts to address current inequities grounded in notions of a racial hierarchy.
At the Institute, campus teams interested in hosting a TRHT Campus Center, or are currently serving as a host institution will identify evidence-based strategies that support their stated vision of what their communities will look, feel, and be like when the belief in the hierarchy of human value no longer exists. Teams will participate in and design Rx Racial Healing™ Circles. In addition, teams will participate in workshops, and collaborate with experienced TRHT Campus Center mentors, workshop facilitators, and evaluation consultants to develop and/or refine their transformative campus action plans.
Campus Team Outcomes
- Develop a comprehensive action plan to achieve TRHT goals
- Design and facilitate Rx Racial Healing™ Circles
- Become a part of the growing, national TRHT Campus Centers network
- Become eligible to host a TRHT Campus Center
Tell Us Your Vision
- What is your vision of truth?
- What is your vision of racial healing?
- What is your vision of transformation?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Learn more about the Truth, Racial Healing, & Transformation Campus Centers.