Portland Community College Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon

Step 3: Talk to a veterans specialist

After you have applied for admission to PCC, you'll need to come to one of the Veterans Education Benefits Offices to learn about the process and submit relevant paperwork.

  1. Come into the Veterans Education Benefits Office

    Drop in to any Veterans Education Benefits Office. See our hours and locations. If you can't make it to a campus, you can also call 971-722-4502 and leave a message for one of the veterans specialists.

When do I need to come?

To make sure your benefits are ready in time, come in and talk with a specialist as early as possible. It's best to have this step complete six weeks before the start of the term. Classes begin filling six weeks before the term, and you need to have completed this step in order to make sure you register for classes that are eligible for benefits.

What do I need to bring?

When you come to the office, you'll need to bring the Certificate of Eligibility that you received from the VA when you applied for benefits. During your visit, you will complete the following forms:

Your veterans specialist will also show you how to transfer credits to PCC. This process must be complete by the end of your first term at PCC. You'll have to:

Once you have met with a veterans specialist, you will complete Step 4: Register for classes.