Early Shakespeare in London
- Instructor: Mark Easby (email@example.com)
- Approximate Dates: Estimated Dates in England are August 8-August 22, 2023. Course starts at PCC prior to dates in country.
- Location(s): London, England
- Course: ENG 201
- Credits: 4
- Prerequisites: WR 115 and RD 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Recommended prior coursework: ENG 105 and 106.
- Program Type: Capstone (culminating project or experience that supports the learning outcomes of a term course taken at PCC)
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
- Deposit Deadline: February 22, 2023.
- Important Note: Passports are taking 8-11 weeks. Do not wait, apply for a passport now. Find out more on our passport page.
- Program Fee: Estimated Expense Sheet For ENG 201 2023
Prior to traveling to London and then in London, this course explores the development of Shakespeare’s art and contribution to literature, culture, and the English language, with a focus on the earlier histories, tragedies, comedies, and non-dramatic poetry. Introduces the study of Shakespeare’s dramatic techniques, character development, historical and cultural setting, and language. In London you will travel in Shakespeares shoes, visit his birthplace and experience performances as they have been performed in his day.
- Enjoy excursions to Hampton Court Palace, including the maze, gardens, and historical re-enactments
- Tour and Shakespeare play at the Globe Theatre and locations that influence Shakespearian history.
- Travel to Stratford-Upon-Avon and the Cotswolds, visiting Shakespeare’s Birthplace and Anne Hathaway’s Cottage
- Explore the famous Borough Market and the London Transport Museum, as well as other London highlights
Included in Program
- Housing for entirety of program
- Co-curricular/cultural activities
- Select meals
- Airport pickup
- In-country transportation related to program
- Entry fees
- On-site orientation
- International insurance
- On-site support services
- 24/7 emergency support throughout program
Not Included in Program
- Round-trip airfare to England
- Non-programmed meals
- Personal spending money
- New or renewal of passport if needed