Resources for faculty and staff
Learn new media tools and get free gear for online instructors
The online student survey results show student expectations about their online class experience.
Distance Education is providing pilot access to royalty free media collections during 2016-17.
Check out the new What Works Well in Teaching Online at PCC booklet that was created by the Distance Learning Advisory Council with feedback from faculty and staff.
The Distance Education Department provides leadership and support for online learning and the use of technology to enhance learning at Portland Community College. Our staff help faculty and departments offer and manage new courses online, and we also offer a variety of training opportunities.
- Big changes to D2L for Summer 2017
- March 21, 2017
- We will be updating the D2L interface this summer and combining email tools.
- The various flavors of course development
- March 13, 2017
- Explore the different course development options at PCC
- Communication is key when it comes to serving students with disabilities
- March 6, 2017
- John Hinman talks about best practices for working with visual impairments in online classes.
- View more ...