The majority of the time, disability is hidden
Learning disabilities, attentional differences, mental health, chronic health, brain injury, and other disability experiences can be difficult for people to disclose if there are concerns about stigma. Sometimes people aren’t sure if they experience disability or not, they just know that things seem a lot harder for them than for others.
We invite individuals to come and learn more about Disability Services if they have questions. The conversation is confidential and the options are always yours. It is just a matter of learning what those options are, so you can make an informed choice.
- The Learning Disabilities Association of Oregon makes resources, referrals, and information available for those with learning disabilities.
- The Oregon Branch International Dyslexia Association provides resources, events, speakers, list of professionals, and public awareness on dyslexia.
- Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare offers help to people with mental illness, addictions, or problem gambling issues who are homeless. Clinics in Milwaukie, northeast and southeast Portland.
- Central City Concern provides housing, health care, opportunities for peer relationships, and help with employment, and benefits for those experiencing addictions, homelessness, and poverty.
- Mental Health Association of Portland advocates for people with mental illness and addiction.