Handouts and links
Many resources are described throughout the site. This page provides a quick list of many of the frequently used handouts and reference pages in one easy to find location.
General awareness building
- Disability History Exhibit
- Disability etiquette, myths and facts handout
- Disability tips for PCC personnel
- Models for understanding disability
- Accessibility in higher education
- New ADA Regulations: Compliance Requires Proactive Approach
- It’s Our Story Project videos
- Adaptech Research Network publications
- Disability Services Transition Flier with linked FAQs
- Information for high school students and their parents
- Information for advisors
- Information for student veterans from the American Council on Education
- Disability employment
- Examples of workplace accommodation
- See our full information at www.pcc.edu/adapt
- Use this printable flier to encourage participation in our training opportunities
Policies and procedures
- Accommodation overview
- Service animal overview
- What faculty and staff need to know about service animals
- Report and Incident
These resources include handouts and links to resources with theoretical, practical, and research based information related to Universal Design. See our faculty section for more robust information on this topic.
- Universal Design from The Ohio State
- Universal Design 3 principles from CAST
- Universal Design 9 principles
- PASS-IT Universal Design Book (free download) and video
- DO-IT UD principles
Recognizing disability as part of diversity and acknowledging positive aspects of the disability experience are important elements in fostering an inclusive community.
Our library guide has a page for sources that includes articles and videos of interest.
- Disability Studies Quarterly has articles such as:
- Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Note that this topic is an active area of discussion – there are definitely different opinions on this matter.