Updated December 07, 2020.
Helpful information for PCC employees moving to a remote work environment.
New equipment: If you need a PCC laptop in order to telecommute, place a request with your campus IT Manager or the IT Service Desk. Be aware that there are supply chain delays. If you find yourself with an essential need, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access your desktop computer: you can use your work computer at home by installing Splashtop.
- Submit an IT service request.
- Receive an invite email.
- Set up your Splashtop account.
- Install the Splashtop app.
- We connect your account to your work computer.
Because we are expecting a lot of requests, wait times for IT requests may be longer than usual.
Privacy and security
- Don’t print FERPA data or sensitive info if possible.
- Dispose of print documents securely (e.g., shredding).
- Don’t use third-party services to conduct PCC business.
- Don’t use third-party services to communicate FERPA data.
- Don’t request VPN access unless you have a specific need.
- If using your personal home computer, make sure it is properly protected. See recommended virus and malware security tools.
Healthy home workplace
- Educause: Transitioning to remote work
- Educause: Thoughtfulness in a pandemic
- NPR: Working, parenting, and teaching from home
- CDC: Mental health and coping during COVID-19
- OHA/OEBB: COVID-19 coping resources
- Workplace mental health: Working remotely during COVID-19
- Counseling and financial advice: Employee Assistance Program
Have a question?
If you have any questions about the topics listed above or on any topic relating to COVID-19, please email email@example.com.