COVID-19 diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) resource list
In this time of crisis, we must lift up our commitment to the values of inclusivity within our PCC community. We hope this guide will assist you in building capacity, and creating an inclusive learning environment while PCC is in remote operations.
Remember, we are all in this together, and we will get through this together.
Research guide: equity, instruction, and COVID-19
Below you’ll find strategies, recommendations, and tutorials to help prioritize the well-being of our students.
The higher ed community
How are schools re-thinking commitments to equity and inclusion? See guidance documents from other institutions.
- Equity and inclusion during COVID-19, University of California
- Inclusion, equity, and access while teaching remotely, Rice University
Crisis and the classroom
Crisis has a unique effect on the learning environment. Learn how to foster a sense of safety during escalating disruptions.
- A trauma-informed approach to teaching through coronavirus, Teaching Tolerance
- Teaching effectively during times of disruption, Stanford
- Accessible teaching in the time of COVID-19, Mapping Access
Race and COVID-19
Responses to specific issues, such as xenophobia and microaggression, in the context of the coronavirus.
Support for educators
Encouraging words and advice for handling abrupt changes.
- Teaching through coronavirus: what educators need right now, Teaching Tolerance
- A healthy reminder to educators during school closures, Teaching Tolerance
Conversations to inform and create a sense of community – listen to talks and roundtable discussions from colleagues in the field.
- National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education
Discussion on DEI implications and best practices: webinar recording, presentation slides, and best practices
- American Association of Colleges & Universities
Safeguarding quality, equity, and inclusion as learning moves online: webinar recording
- Center for Organizational Responsibility & Advancement
Equity-minded online teaching practices at community colleges: webinar recording
- American Council on Education, ACE Engage
DEI and COVID-19: implications and strategies for institutional response: equity tool kit
Do you have other ideas or suggestions about how to foster inclusive remote work environments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.