Become a Part of the Team
Opportunities are available for students to work in the Computer Labs as lab assistants with the Work Study program or as part-time student help.
You can download an application form and return it to a Computer Lab before the end of any term. We also accept applications from work study students throughout the term. The PCC Financial Aid web site has information on the Federal Work-Study Program.
Lab assistants are responsible for providing support to all who use the lab. Knowledge of our procedures and a commitment to customer service is expected.
- Monitor Computer Resource Center usage
- Maintain a clean and safe learning/study environment within the center
- Communicate computer related information to persons who have little or no computer knowledge or experience
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Expected Skills
- Effective communication and quality customer service skills
- Basic computer skills – keyboarding and fundamental software/hardware knowledge
- Possess self-motivational skills with the ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as in team situations
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours of PCC classes
- CRC Student Employees MUST reapply each term