Portland Community College has made the difficult decision to close the Computer Applications and Web Technologies (CAWT) program.
While most of the classes will continue to be taught over the next 2 years, the last day a student can declare one of the CAWT certificates and degrees, (and be able to earn one of these certificates and degrees,) is Saturday, October 5, 2019.
If you are an active PCC student, who has already declared one of the CAWT certificates or degrees and has completed CAS/OS coursework towards your program, please contact a CAWT advisor [opens in new window] to discuss course scheduling and academic planning.
To apply for admissions to a CAWT program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the PCC admissions process and be issued a PCC ID number (G number) and PCC email address
- Meet math placement requirements: you must have
- tested into MTH 60 (intro to algebra I) or higher or
- completed MTH 20 (basic math) with a grade of C or better or
- completed a MTH 60 or higher class at another regionally accredited college or university within the United States
- Meet reading/writing placement requirements: you must have
- tested into WR 121 (English Composition), with no reading class required, or
- completed RD 115 and WR 115 with grades of C or better or
- completed RD 115 and WR 115 or higher at another regionally accredited college or university within the United States
- Be in Academic Good Standing
- Register below for an information session by October 5, 2019