Personal Training gives you the opportunity to exercise in a one-on-one environment with a nationally certified personal trainer, educated through PCC’s Exercise Science Program. Your trainer will evaluate your current fitness level and design an individual program based on your fitness test results and goals, then guide you through a safe and effective routine.
Personal Training Goes Remote:
The PCC Personal Trainers are here for you, even while our community is practicing social distancing. For fall term 2020, all training sessions will be offered remotely. Your trainer will work with whatever tools you have in your home (be it free weights or soup cans!) to help craft a fitness routine that fits with your lifestyle. You will train virtually using a combination of customized plans (provided via email) and a phone call or video session. This combo will constitute one ‘session’.
- The Personal Training program is designed for low to moderate risk individuals who have clearance from their health care provider to exercise. Participants may be asked to provide clearance from their physician prior to beginning the training sessions.
- First session: initial consultation, health risk appraisal and fitness testing. Following sessions: individual exercise program based on results from your assessment and your current fitness and goals.
- Sessions must be used in the term purchased; no refunds for unused sessions.
- Individual sessions must be cancelled with your trainer 24 hours in advance. Sessions canceled with less than 24 hours notice are counted against your package total.
- If PCC cancels your session, two attempts will be made to schedule a make up session to take place before the end of the term. Your make up session will not be with your regular trainer. If PCC is not able to make up your session, you will not be granted a refund.
- Additional sessions may not be added to any package. In the event that more training sessions are desired, it is necessary to register for a new package (CRN).
- You can not register for the same CRN twice.
- Packages are available on a first come first served basis.
- Students must be registered in a package before participating in any training sessions.
- Review the personal trainer profiles and availability and choose a trainer.
- Select a training package and register for your selected trainer’s corresponding CRN.
- Your trainer will contact you via PCC email or cell phone by the first week of the term to schedule your training sessions. First time students will be sent a Personal Training information packet by the trainer
- Complete the information packet and return it to your trainer at your first session.
If you want to drop, you must do so online via MyPCC or or by contacting registration within six calendar days after the start of the term. No drops or refunds on partially used packages.
Spring 2021 Personal Training Profiles and Availability
Availability: Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm
Kris has an AA in exercise science and is working on his BS at Portland State University. He is certified through the National Academy of Sports Medicine. Kris establishes his long-term client interactions with the goal of integrating exercise and optimal wellness into the demands of daily life.
Availability: Mon/Wed 7:30am-4pm; Tue/Thu, 4pm-7:30pm; Fri, 9am-11am
When it comes to health and fitness, Heidi believes we all want to feel healthier, look better, be stronger and have more energy. She coaches and designs practical programs that motivate students to be more active and enjoy overall results.
Availability: Mon-Thu, 9am-5pm; Friday 1pm-4pm
John specializes in functional training that enables clients to become the healthiest, happiest versions of themselves. His wellness journey began in his early 40’s when he was struggling with his own weight and overall energy levels. Through hard work and the right balance, he was able to turn his health around. Now, in his mid 50’s, he’s in the best shape of his life!
Availability: Mon/Tue/Thu, 11am-6pm; Wed 11am-5pm
Tiffini has a curiosity and passion for all things fitness, which has led her to finish multiple marathons, compete in a fitness competition, and join a Hood to Coast team. She designs fitness programs that encourage students to push themselves, try new things, and have fun.
Availability: Mon-Fri, 6am-1pm
Katie is an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, and has a passion for building a mind-body connection through exercise. She believes that everyone has the capability to live their healthiest lives, it’s just about finding that motivation to do so. That’s what she’s here for!
Availability: Mon-Thu, 2pm-8pm; Fri, 12pm-5pm
Micheale specializes in helping people find their true strength and joy in movement by guiding them through improving their strength, endurance, balance, and flexibility. He helps build a roadmap to complete goals and to carry on good habits for movement and health into the future. He currently competes in powerlifting, obstacle course races, and Strongman competitions.
Availability: Mon-Thurs, 12pm-8pm
Niko, a Portland local and graduate of the PCC Exercise Science program, has a passion for educating others about the importance of health and fitness. He enjoys helping people make improvements to their quality of life through exercise.
Availability: Mon, 9am-6pm; Wed, 10:30am-7pm; Tue/Thu, 10am-5pm
Richard is a passionate fitness professional who specializes in improving muscular strength, endurance, cardio-respiratory fitness and fat loss. He tailors his fitness programs to the likes and needs of each client so they can become a healthier and better version of themselves. He is an ACSM certified trainer and is a graduate of the Exercise Science program.
Availability: Mon-Thu; 10:30am-5:15pm
Janie Zapata-Wilson is the quintessential, “If I can do it, so can you!” example. She is a personal trainer, group exercise instructor, Zumba teacher, and water aerobics instructor who graduated in June 2012, with highest honors from the Exercise Science Program at PCC.