Small Business Builders
Get in touch
Start and manage your business with confidence.
Start, grow and manage your business with confidence and with your sights set on long-term sustainability and resilience, even during uncertain times. This program is designed for small business owners in their first, second or third year of business. Are you second guessing your business decisions? Do you feel uncertain, overwhelmed and excited about your new business at the same time?
Business Builders provides small business owners the training and support you need to strengthen your new business for growth and resilience, with the goal of building your business, while saving you time, energy and money. Join and learn from a diverse cohort!
In this 10-week program, you will:
- Learn how to develop a business model able to innovate and adapt during changing economic conditions
- Network with other small business owners and learn solutions to navigating these times
- Hear from experts to ensure your company is compliant
- Ensure consideration of safety measures for your staff, customers and community are in place
- Gain clarity about your business within current market conditions
- Learn how to work on your business in an efficient manner
- Work and plan one-on-one with a business advisor
- Learn from subject-matter experts
Each week we’ll bring in subject-matter experts to teach on important areas. Sessions meet weekly for 10-weeks and are 3-hours long. Business Builders is more than just a class. It includes:
- Group learning and networking to discuss challenges, exchange resources, and find solutions with peers.
- Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the 10-month period following Business Builders
Access to specialty business advisors with a wide range of expertise
- Access to market research resources such as Southern Oregon University Market Research Institute, SBDCNet, Reference USA, MarketLink, and Euromonitor
- You’ll enjoy 30-hours of online, live classroom business education with 10 weekly, 3-hour sessions taught by subject-matter experts. Subjects include:
- Defining mission, vision, goals
- The Business Model Canvas
- The Pillars of Marketing
- Building Your Brand
- Marketing in the age of COVID-19
- Understanding Legal Concepts
- Bookkeeping and Finance
- Pricing is an Art
- E-Commerce Sales: Virtual Business Model
- Financing Your Business
- 30 hours in class, divided into 10 weekly, 3-hour sessions
- Plus, Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the 10 month period following Business Builders
- Tuition is $799
- Payment terms are available through Portland Community College
- An additional person from your business can take the course for 1/2 price, $400
- Invaluable advice from industry experts that will save you years of frustration
- Support from a network of peers and mentors
- Confidence to make the right decisions for your new business
What Our Clients Say
Join over 240 business owners who have completed this program since 2006.
“I went into Small Business [Builders] not knowing what my business should look like. It showed me the avenue for success and avenues I wouldn’t have considered. It certainly helped me build a strong foundation. I probably wouldn’t have lasted the recession without my advisor from the program.” – Amy McAuley, Founder & Owner of Oculus Fine Carpentry
“You’re going to learn something you didn’t think you didn’t know. They bring in experts in various fields. And in one of the session you’re going to have an “aha!” moment.” – Roy Weedman, Bud Construction LLC
Upcoming Schedule for Business Builders
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.
Questions? Contact the SBDC at email@example.com or 971-722-5080.