HR and Organizational Effectiveness
Engage Your Most Important Asset: People
Professional Development and Training has courses that will help your organization reach its goals through better engaging its people.
- Enable your employees to make better decisions.
- Resolve employee conflicts to foster better team environments.
- Use planning and analysis tools to grow and change.
- Create more effective workplace policies.
HR and Organizational Effectiveness Courses
Address interpersonal problems, make the right hiring decisions, and foster a cohesive work environment based in your organization’s values and mission.
HR Skills for Every Manager
Prevent HR issues before they become business risks. Learn the basics of employment law and how to address specific employee situations.
Most human resources issues start with your employees’ daily routine. Direct supervisors, team leads and department heads are in the best positions to stop problems before they become serious risks.
A few basic skills can mean the difference between a smooth running team and costly employee lawsuits.
You will learn to:
- Understand the value of HR, its principles and practice, and how it affects the organization
- Understand key employment laws at the state and federal level, and how they affect management roles
- Know the Why, What and When of documentation
- Set SMART goals
- Be able to construct an effective discipline plan
- Understand when termination benefits the organization
- Understand how to accommodate disabilities
- Be able to recognize family leave situations and react accordingly
- Stay out of legal trouble by following 10 suggestions
Developing High Performance Teams
Build and lead a team that is motivated, engaged, proactive, and collaborative.
Your success as a manager is driven largely by the success of your team. Do you want a team of enthusiastic individuals that can work together to do their best work? Develop your leadership skills to unleash the talent of team members and encourage collaboration.
Whether you are a new manager or need a refresh on team leadership best practices, gain tools to help you develop high performing teams.
You will learn to:
- Identify different types of teams and team norms in organizations today
- Use knowledge of the stages of team development to assess and shape your team
- Build teamwork by recognizing and harnessing the 10 characteristics of a high performing team
- Promote rapport by exploring your team player style and its impact on group dynamics
- Give your team the key elements that move them from being directed to involvement and empowerment
- Use 12 tools and techniques to help your team resolve conflict, build trust, and advance to high performance
Use these team tools:
- Team Player Type
- Mind Mapping
- Six Thinking Hats
- SWOT Analysis
- Affinity Diagram
- Fishbone Diagram
- 5 Why’s
- Problem Solving
- Interventions for Team Leaders
- Conflict Resolution
- Team Charter
Managing Multiple Generations in the Workplace
Explore issues of having 5 generations in the workplace and overcome differences in needs, perspectives, and communication styles.
Employers expecting mass retirements just a few years ago are now looking at accommodating workers who cannot afford to retire, or who simply want to stay at work. Learn how to address generation gap issues to create a workplace that utilizes everyone’s strengths, no matter their age.
- Examine history and reality of the generation gap, and the 5 generations in the workforce: Silents, Boomers, X’ers, Y’s, Millennials, and Gen Z
- Identify generation gap issues and their impact on the modern workforce
- Describe and apply language specific to each generation currently in the workplace
- Explore problems, creative solutions, and organization strategies to help find common ground and overcome generation gap issues
- Evaluate the need and effectiveness of recruiting, retention, and succession plans in bridging the generation gap
Working With Difficult People
Dealing with a difficult work relationship? Learn how to turn a frustrating situation into a win/win scenario, with skills and techniques that allow you to understand and cope with different personalities you’ll encounter.
Challenge your understanding of “difficult” people to improve work relationships and overcome frustration.
You will learn how to:
- Assess a situation from multiple angles
- Apply centering techniques to maintain self-control
- Use language that allows everyone to retain their dignity and feel they’ve been heard
- Respond in ways that quell difficult behavior and avoid escalating negative encounters
- Develop coping strategies for dealing with difficult coworkers
Upcoming Course Schedule
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.