Finance and Operations
Run a Strong and Streamlined Team, Department, or Organization
Build and maintain the financial longevity of your organization by learning to budget and create finance documents. Streamline the day-to-day operations of your company by learning how to address quality control issues, implement LEAN methodologies, and manage risk.
Choose a Professional Development and Training course in finance or operations that is right for you.
Ensure the long-term profitability of your organization by honing your budgeting, accounting, and financial analysis skills.
Building and Managing Budgets
Creating and managing budgets is a key function of managers. Become more confident with the budgeting process to help you make smarter business decisions.
If you don’t have training in finance, you may be at a disadvantage as a manager. Understand the cycle of finance to make smart financial decisions and keep your department out of the red.
You will learn to:
- Use basic financial concepts and terminology
- Prepare a budget of any type or size with confidence
- Get your budget approved
- Monitor and manage budgets
- Perform basic ratio analysis
- Crunch numbers as needed
- Compare investment opportunities
- Use ISO 9001:2008 as a quality management guide
- Make better financial decisions
Finance for the Non-Finance Manager
No financial management experience? Learn how to interpret financial statements to be more confident in financial meetings.
Improve your understanding of transactions, statements and analysis.
This course teaches the basics of accounting and finance to those who have little or no accounting or financial background.
You will learn:
- Accounting and finance basics
- How accountants view economic transactions
- How the accounting equation organizes economic information
- To create and analyze financial statements
Make sure daily business operations run smoothly. These courses will teach you about quality control, resolving consumer and supplier issues, analyzing operational effectiveness and more.
CQIA Quality Improvement Associate
Apply quality concepts to resolve departmental, cross-functional and supplier issues.
Any employee can learn to improve business by using basic quality concepts such as customer satisfaction and problem-solving methodologies.
During this course, you will:
- Learn the CQIA Body of Knowledge
- Study Customer Satisfaction concepts
- Apply PDCA / 7 Tools problem-solving steps
- Use Lean concepts for manufacturing and office
- Practice using Supplier Management Tools
Note to Participants: You will be emailed login information 1 day before the course starts. This email will come from Amazon Consulting.
CQM/OE Quality Manager
Learn to lead management in quality planning, risk management, certification audits, and monitoring customer and supplier issues.
As a CMQ/OE professional, you’ll champion process improvement initiatives in companies large and small.
- Learn the 7 main domains in the CMQ/OE Body of Knowledge for Quality Management.
- Apply PDCA model to organizational issues
- Create a quality plan and implementation strategies
- Learn how to incorporate Risk Management Policies
- Discuss upcoming changes to ISO9001
Note to Participants: You will be sent an email 1 day prior to course start with login information. This email will come from Amazon Consulting.
CQPA Quality Process Analyst
Love working with data? Learn to provide support for quality engineers or supervisors.
As a Certified Quality Process Analyst, you’ll provide data and trend analysis and assist in solving quality problems.
During this class, you will:
- Learn the CQPD Body of Knowledge
- Demonstrate Quality Planning and the Cost of Quality
- Show knowledge of quality tools like SPC and data analysis
- Apply DIMAIC problem-solving methodology, LEAN, and 7 Quality Tools
- Participate in project management and team building
Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Learn foundational basics of problem-solving methods, 7 Quality Tools, LEAN concepts, data analysis, and process control.
Yellow Belt training equips entry-level employees and executive champions with an overview of integral Six Sigma and DMAIC procedures.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Use the CSSYB Body of Knowledge
- Apply DIMAIC problem-solving methodology and 7 Quality Tools
- Participate in LEAN concepts
- Study SPC tools, data, trend analysis and process control concepts
Note to Participants: You will be emailed login information from Amazon Consulting 1 day before your course starts.
How to Conduct eAudits
Use e-auditing as a tool to reduce the travel costs and maximize efficiency of the audit process.
Ever had to cancel an audit due to travel constraints? Learn how e-Audits can be used to communicate successfully with remote locations, allowing for more accurate audits at reduced cost in time and money.
Benefits of eAuditing:
- Reduced travel time & cost
- Quick review and assessment of remote sites
- Reaches multiple locations simultaneously
- Allows for more time auditing, less time writing reports
After this 2 hour online course, you will be able to:
- Define important terms, environmental driving forces, and current issues
- Understand issues that impact organization and communication while working online
- Build trust online and compensate for limited non-verbal communication
- Use collaborative technology to conduct online interviews
- Utilize the best audit model to replicate the working environment, meet immediate needs, and support the audit schedule
- Understand important process criteria to validate your eAudit objective evidence
A copy of the “eAuditing Fundamentals: Virtual Communication and Remote Auditing” handbook is included in the cost of this course.
Getting Started with eAuditing
Train to begin a successful e-audit process, gain remote auditing tools, and learn to cope with limited non-verbal communication.
During this course you will learn how to:
- Build a solid foundation for conducting eAudits with the 5 ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board) recognized steps
- Address upcoming risk-based thinking requirements, including ISO9001-2015 standard changes associated in multi-site, global supply chain audits, and internet security
- Improve quality while reducing overhead expenses with audit model efficiencies
- Assess internal auditors’ capabilities and understand minimum training needs
- Deploy review and assessment quickly, reaching multiple locations simultaneously
- Perform supplier and remote internal audits in a timely manner
- Create a new working culture using technology and innovation to improve communication
Getting Started with Risk Management
Protect assets with an effective risk management system. Learn the 3 elements that must be in your plan.
Do you understand the difference between risk-based thinking and risk management? Overcome challenges by proactively defining how to identify, assess, and prioritize risk in your business. Capture opportunities by taking the risks that are worth it, and become an agent for change.
During this 2 hour online course, you will learn to:
- Apply the 3 foundational elements:
- Reduce uncertainty
- Conduct effective risk assessments
- Create policies to minimize potential risks
- Understand the role of a risk manager
- Be an agent for change
- Seize opportunities supporting organizational goals, & understand potential dangers
- Mitigate risk to ensure business objectives are successful
- Collaborate for win-win solutions
- Define Emerging Environmental Drivers
- Review aspects leading to global supply chain complexity
- Discuss Risk Management Challenges
- Develop an integrated Risk Management System
- Reduce uncertainty through necessary risk management processes
- Use these complimentary resources in your organization:
- Risk Assessment Checklist
- Risk Register template
Upcoming Course Schedule
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.