Drone Exam Preparation
Get in touch
Drone Exam Preparation
Become a Federal Aviation Administration-certified drone pilot! In order to fly your drone, you must obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA. This class covers the knowledge required to complete the FAA 14 CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Knowledge Exam to obtain certification as a commercial remote drone pilot. Includes review of related state and local laws.
About the Class
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the topics covered in the Federal Aviation Administration’s Remote Pilot Knowledge exam, including regulations, United States airspace classification, flight restrictions, emergency procedures, radio communications, weather, weather hazards, loading and performance, airport operations, maintenance and inspection, registration and marking requirements, and physiological factors related to small unoccupied aircraft operation.
- Relate Aeronautical Decision Making and Crew Resource Management practices consistent with FAA guidance and regulations.
- Relate state and local laws and regulations regarding unoccupied aircraft systems.
- Demonstrate appropriate and lawful communication with air traffic control systems for safe and efficient drone operations.
Upcoming Course Schedule
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.
From the PDT Blog
- Making a Difference at Work When You're Not a Manager
- Tue, 31 Aug 2021
- Continuing Your Career As An Education Professional
- Mon, 17 May 2021
- Classes You Can Take This Spring to Advance Your Career
- Mon, 22 Feb 2021
Portland Community College offers various online non-credit courses through the Institute for Health Professionals (IHP) this spring. These courses help Portland students and people worldwide continue their education, whether they are pursuing roles in a yoga teaching or clinical research setting or are adding skills to an existing resume to pivot within the healthcare field. The world of healthcare is a wide-ranging one, and finding your place in it is easier with access to engaging, relevant spring online classes from PCC’s Institute for Health Professionals.
- View more ...