Drone Exam Preparation
Get in touch
Drone Exam Preparation
Become a Federal Aviation Administration-certified drone pilot! In order to fly your drone, you must obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA. This class covers the knowledge required to complete the FAA 14 CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Knowledge Exam to obtain certification as a commercial remote drone pilot. Includes review of related state and local laws.
About the Class
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the topics covered in the Federal Aviation Administration’s Remote Pilot Knowledge exam, including regulations, United States airspace classification, flight restrictions, emergency procedures, radio communications, weather, weather hazards, loading and performance, airport operations, maintenance and inspection, registration and marking requirements, and physiological factors related to small unoccupied aircraft operation.
- Relate Aeronautical Decision Making and Crew Resource Management practices consistent with FAA guidance and regulations.
- Relate state and local laws and regulations regarding unoccupied aircraft systems.
- Demonstrate appropriate and lawful communication with air traffic control systems for safe and efficient drone operations.
Upcoming Course Schedule
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.
From the PDT Blog
- Customized Programs to Train Your Staff
- Thu, 10 Feb 2022
- When businesses invest in training for their personnel, they experience a range of valuable outcomes. First, the fundamental nuts-and-bolts benefits of whatever the training is, is moving employees to a new level of competence and knowledge. Employees also typically appreciate the presence of valuable training opportunities, as it moves them forward in their careers and…
- Navigating Conversations Around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Work
- Mon, 20 Dec 2021
- Many people have approached the United States' increased focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in different ways over the past few years. Reading books about lesser-known histories of cultures in the United States has been eye-opening for some. For others, it's more relational, talking to friends, family, and coworkers to see if their experiences can help…
- Gender Identity's Role in the Workplace
- Mon, 13 Dec 2021
- It's been true for decades that gender roles in United States workplaces have been changing. While this can sometimes feel jarring if you grew up expecting to interact in one way with men and another with women, culturally, learning these changing norms can be very helpful. Furthermore, the growing inclusion and acceptance of transgender and nonbinary identities in the…
- View more ...