CCOG for VIR 101 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- VIR 101
- Course Title:
- Interventional Anatomy
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify normal vascular anatomy in relation to angiography.
- Identify normal, solid organ anatomy in relation to angiography.
- Identify normal cardiac anatomy in relation to angiography.
Course Activities and Design
Identify and differentiate via drawings, images, and online study units the pertinent anatomy associated with vascular and cardiac imaging.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Complete vascular anatomy online study units.
2. Successfully pass cumulative course final exam.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Composition and characteristics of blood
2. Types of blood cells and their functions
3. Differentiate between blood plasma and serum
4. Clotting mechanism
5. Blood types
6. Rh factor
7. Relationship of antigens and antibodies, and their use in blood typing
8. Human heart anatomy
9. Blood flow through the body and identify main vessels
10. Structure and function of arteries, veins and capillaries
11. Differentiate between arterial blood in systemic circulation and arterial blood in pulmonary circulation
12. Components of the respiratory system
13. Physiology and regulation of respiration
14. Major sectional anatomical structures found within the head, neck, thorax and abdomen