CCOG for RAD 209 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- RAD 209
- Course Title:
- Advanced Radiological Procedures
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Advanced Radiographic Procedures is required as part of the Radiologic Technology degree program. It is also a prerequisite for taking the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists examination for certification in Radiography. Transferability of credit depends entirely upon the institution to which the student wishes to transfer.
Safety is extremely important; therefore, is taught throughout this course. Pertinent safety points are noted in this course.
Please contact the department director or the Office of Students with Disabilities, if you have a disability so that appropriate accommodations can be made for your course of study.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
Participate as a team member in advanced radiographic procedures using appropriate patient care and positioning techniques.
Evaluate radiographic images for diagnostic quality and anatomical accuracy.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Assist in the performance of advanced radiographic procedures in the clinical setting.
- Prepare a portfolio of an advanced radiographic procedure.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, issues and concepts
Female Reproductive Organs
Angiographic Procedural Equipment and Basic Procedures
Vascular Intervential Procedures
1. Determine equipment and supplies necessary for each of the procedures in this unit.
2. Indicate the contrast media typically used and route of administration for each of the procedures.
3. Explain patient preparation for various advanced procedures, also include indications, contraindications and complications.
4. Analyze radiographs to identify the specific study being done, the structure visualized and the function that is demonstrated.