CCOG for PE 186E Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 186E
- Course Title:
- Ballroom Dance II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
1. Apply the fundamental concepts of partnering, spatial awareness, and rhythm, at an intermediate level, in order to perform the rumba, foxtrot, waltz, cha-cha, tango, and swing in social ballroom dance settings.
2. Perform the elementary steps of the rumba, foxtrot, waltz, cha-cha, tango, and swing, at an intermediate level, in social ballroom dance settings.
3. Design a personal routine that reflects an understanding of the intermediate-level principles and movements of ballroom dance.
1. Utilize the benefits of ballroom dancing, including improved posture, flexibility, spatial awareness, stamina, social ease, and confidence.
2. Apply learned history, origin, and precise styling of each dance to increase an understanding of Ballroom Dance as an art form and how it fits with other areas of dance.
3. Use developed skills in freestyle dancing to promote creative problem solving.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Attendance and participation
Practical evaluation (exercise, floor work)
Group or individual choreography
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Intermediate skill introduction and/or basic review
2. new pattern presentation
3. practice with rotation of partners
4. improve both leading and following skills
5. freestyle dancing and practice time