CCOG for PE 185P Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 185P
- Course Title:
- Intermediate Softball
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Expands knowledge, application, strategy, team and individual skills utilized in the game of softball. Includes skill development in batting, running bases, sliding, throwing, pitching, catching, fielding and team communication. Prerequisites: Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
- Appropriate sports clothing needed including sport shoes or cleats and softball glove.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Understand the game of softball as a sport and as a method of developing physical fitness.
- Increase levels of physical activity and agility needed to play softball at an intermediate level.
- Develop fielding, base running, throwing, batting, infield and outfield skills needed to play the game of softball at an intermediate level.
Course Activities and Design
- Continued improvement of skills needed to play the game of softball
- Perform safe and effective softball techniques
- Continued development of life long fitness, health and wellness
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Pre/Post skill assessment
- Active participation and effort
- Written examination of basic rules of game
- Demonstration of proficiency in game play
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Practice safe and effective warm_ups and cool-downs
- Components of fitness-related physical activity and their benefits for life-long fitness
- Fundamental rules, skills, terminology and sportsmanship