CCOG for PE 130B Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- PE 130B
- Course Title:
- Adapted Physical Education II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Appropriate athletic clothing is required along with proper footwear. Students may be asked to provide communication from physicians or other medical professionals who might assist with planning an appropriate exercise program.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Adapt exercises to improve overall lifetime physical fitness.
- Continue to participate in adapted activities relating to cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular fitness, and flexibility.
- Access and assess community group and individual exercise programs.
- Develop an individual adaptive exercise program using at least one component of fitness.
Course Activities and Design
Classes are conducted with small groups of students. Exercise routines will vary between individual exercises, with another student or with the entire class.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Individualized pre and post testing with record keeping
- Exercise records and logs
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Aquatic warm-up and cool-down routines
- Appropriate exercises to promote cardiovascular fitness.
- Appropriate exercises to promote muscular strength and endurance.
- Appropriate exercises to promote flexibility.
- Participation in individualized rehabilitation exercises.
- Demonstration of safe exercise progressions
- Maintenance of pre-post testing and exercise records.
- Demonstration of knowledge to design their own exercise program in one component of fitness (cardiorespiratory conditioning, muscle strength and endurance, flexibility, and body composition.)
- Develop lifelong fitness, health and wellness.
- Experience the relationship of the mind, body and spirit.