CCOG for PE 121E Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 121E
- Course Title:
- Modern Dance III
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Engage in and appreciate different forms of artistic expression through Modern Dance.
- Promote health and wellbeing via physical activity, self-expression, and group interaction
- Integrate dynamic alignment and functional technique at an advanced Modern Dance skill level.
- Compare and contrast intermediate Modern Dance skills verses advanced Modern Dance skills.
- Apply Modern Dance techniques related to relevant phrases or combinations
Course Activities and Design
Concept-based class structure
Body-Mind work to increase kinesthetic awareness
Center exercises and focused, technical training
Axial and Locomotor movement
Conceptually relevant phrases or combinations
Applying instructor and/or peer feedback to improve performance
Review and repetition of movement phrases or exercises
Outcome Assessment Strategies
AND one of the following:
Performance in a PCC showing or concert
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Demonstrate intermediate/advanced skills in sequencing
Continue working with changes in levels
Utilize axial and locomotor movements
Further examine use of line and shape
Adapt choreography to varying tempos, kinds of music, etc.
Explore musicality at an intermediate/advanced level
Apply instructor and peer feedback to improve performance
Work from internally and externally rotated positions
Articulate the spine, feet, and arms
Demonstrate spatial awareness
Body part vs whole
Apply skills in ensemble thinking
Demonstrate different movement qualities: percussive, swinging, sustained, etc.
Adapt to changes in facings, levels, tempos, musicality, etc.
Solve problems creatively
Differentiate between core and distal initiation
May explore inversions as appropriate