CCOG for MTH 15 Winter 2023
- Course Number:
- MTH 15
- Course Title:
- Conquering Math Anxiety
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Use focused strategies in approaching mathematics, including test-taking skills.
- Recognize emotions that trigger anxiety regarding mathematics and implement strategies to control anxiety.
- Exhibit behaviors that enhance student success and promote a positive math identity.
- Identify available campus resources, including the Student Learning Centers, that promote math success and effectively use these resources.
Course Activities and Design
In-class time is primarily class discussion, group activities, and some lecture.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment must include:
2. At least one writing assignment and,
3. May include at least one of the following additional measures:
a. In-class activities
c. Individual student conference
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
THEMES, CONCEPTS, & ISSUES:
1. Organizational skills
2. Homework strategies
3. Teamwork concepts
4. Anxiety reduction
5. Test-taking strategies
6. College resources
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
1. Group interaction and dynamics
2. Recognize math identity
3. Self-awareness of personal anxiety
4. Relaxation techniques
5. Time management
6. Study skills
7. Completing homework assignments