CCOG for MSD 226 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MSD 226
- Course Title:
- Inventory & Material Management
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces concepts of inventory and material management to perform inventory calculations. Examines inventory and operational issues to minimize risks in order to maintain or increase competitive advantage in the marketplace. Covers topics of process management, forecasting, inventory management, storage, and lean inventory concepts. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Examine manufacturing and service flows relative to demand, forecasting, and inventory management.
- Apply knowledge of collaborative planning, forecasting, and replenishment processes to produce the most efficient planning outcomes.
- Produce and process inventory control analysis to improve supply chain efficiency.
- Apply the concepts of of Just-In-Time (JIT) material management and continuous replenishment.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Various individual and/or group skill-building activities such as case studies, role-plays, or other exercises geared toward critical analysis of course concepts.
- Written assignments or oral reports designed to integrate course material into personal experience or experiences of others.
- Exams comprised of essay and/or objective questions, or an individual and/or team project or paper which requires integration, application, and critical examination of course concepts, issues, and themes
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving skills
CONCEPTS, THEMES, ISSUES
- Inventory management
- Risk management
- Cost analysis
- Interpret quantitative information to improve supply chain efficiency
- Apply knowledge of warehouse management
- Apply principles of lean inventory
Understand the financial impact of inventory control to the organization