CCOG for MSD 134 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MSD 134
- Course Title:
- Leading Changes at Work
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Facilitate a mindset shift in others to help them overcome fears of organizational change.
- Support employees through the transition of organizational changes.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Various individual and/or group skill building activities such as role-plays, case studies, or other exercises geared toward critical analysis of course concepts.
- Written assignments or oral reports designed to integrate course material into personal experience or experiences of others.
- Exams comprised of essay and/or objective questions, or an individual and/or team project or paper which requires integration, application, and critical examination of course concepts, issues, and themes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Adapting to new ways of thinking
Overcoming comfort zone and fear of change
Letting go of old ways and habits
Recognizing the stages of loss
Changing beliefs to change behavior
Identifying small changes that precede big change
CONCEPTS, THEMES & ISSUES:
- Anticipate change
- Monitor change
- Adapt quickly
- Change is constant
- Change is inevitable
- Understanding differing responses to change
- Overcoming fear
- Making change fun
- Changing beliefs to change behavior
- Creating safe environments
- Holding vision until it’s reality
- Preparing for change can be fun
- People adapt to change differently
- People experience different stages of loss
- Comfort and fear limit adaptability