CCOG for ECE 185 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 185
- Course Title:
- Planning Fun and Meaningful Field Trips for Young Children
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course is designed to enhance the knowledge base of our degree-seeking students (who are required to take 6 – 10 credits of elective credit) while also providing an accessible, interesting, and relevant course to students who are seeking to meet their professional development requirements and/or who might have limited experience in the college setting.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
Articulate the developmental and programmatic benefits of field trips in early childhood programs.
Articulate plans for creating positive field trip experiences for groups of children and their families.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attend and actively participate in class and small group activities.
- Complete written observations and assignments.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Links between the developmental needs and characteristics of young children and field trip experiences.
- Challenges and barriers to successful field trips.
- Addressing challenges and barriers.
- Field trip possibilities (on-site, within walking distance, within driving distance).
- Involving families in field trip experiences.
- Specific safety and programmatic considerations and requirements.
- Development and implementation of field trip plans.