CCOG for ECE 183 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 183
- Course Title:
- Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Understand the seven life skills research.
- Create a physical and social environment that supports children's development and learning.
- Apply life skills strategies and tools in a classroom setting.
- Assess children’s seven life skills strengths and challenges.
Course Activities and Design
Individual reading, videos,small and large group discussions and skills self assessment
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Reflective Paper focused on content of the course, how their understanding changed, impact on relationships with children and families.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The seven Essential skills are:
- focus and self-control
- perspective taking
- making connections
- critical thinking
- taking on challenges
- self-directed, and engaged learning