CCOG for ECE 132 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- ECE 132
- Course Title:
- Early Childhood Field Work
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Apply skills essential for an entry-level position within identified career pathway.
- Meet learning outcomes specific to this placement as mutually agreed upon by the student and instructor in advance through a written learning contract, and as appropriate to the credit awarded for this course.
Course Activities and Design
Supervised work experience with children. Students will participate in planning and implementing curriculum and learning environments, and develop relationships with children and families, guiding young children, and child observation.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Learning outcomes for this course are assessed on the basis of the work experience, reflection, self-assessment, of their work and assessed by their practicum supervisor and EFFS faculty. Grade is based on a combination of all assessments.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
At the practicum site the students will use their knowledge and skills from EFFS previous coursework including
- Observing Young Children
- Guiding Young Children
- Curriculum and Environment Planning
- Safe and Healthy Environments for Children