CCOG for DT 275 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- DT 275
- Course Title:
- Dental Laboratory Management
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
The student will study the procedures for setting-up and properly utilizing a business plan for a dental laboratory. Research using a combination of the Internet, catalogs, maps, real estate agents, newspapers and lab owners will be required
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
1. Create a business plan for a dental laboratory.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the process and requirements for starting a successful small business.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Determined by a business plan submitted to the instructor, attendance, participation and successful completion of assignments and projects as assigned.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Identifying the business and industry relationship
2. Organization of business legal requirements
3. Selecting location
4. Purchasing equipment and supplies
6. Achieving financing
7. Identifying customer base
Demonstrate an understanding of the process and requirements for starting a successful small business
Through the use of Excel Spreadsheets, students calculate projected sales, cash flow and expenses. Income statements and balance sheets are also generated.
Create a business plan for a dental laboratory
conduct research and present a business plan for a dental technology lab