CCOG for HIM 110 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- HIM 110
- Course Title:
- Health Record Content in Acute Care Settings
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Describe an acute care health record according to organizational policies, external regulations and standards.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of various providers and disciplines, to support administrative documentation requirements.
- Describe policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of health data.
- Explain the reliability and accuracy of secondary data sources.
- Define types of physician queries.
- Identify retention and destruction policies of health information.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students:
- Answer theoretical and application questions on information covered in the lecture, graded assignments and reading assignments.
- Show competence in completing library and database research on an assigned health care topic.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
To complete the outcomes the student must have skills and knowledge in:
- general systems principles
- critical thinking
- database research techniques
- library research techniques