Course Content and Outcomes Guide for GEO 267 Effective Fall 2021
- Course Number:
- GEO 267
- Course Title:
- Geospatial Applications
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Addendum to Course Description
This class is intended for students nearing the end of their GIS Certificate or Geomatics AAS, or students with previous geospatial experience. The class provides students with an opportunity to work with a community partner on a term-long project. The projects vary by organization, as do the skills that are required to complete each project.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Apply geospatial technologies and concepts to real world projects.
- Work within the ethical and professional parameters of the Geospatial profession.
- Design and manage a geospatial project using an understanding of appropriate techniques and technologies.
- Communicate results of project effectively and professionally, using maps and written documentation to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Complete a project that will prepare students for the workforce and be used as part of your Professional portfolio.
- Make community connections with Geospatial professionals and organizations using geospatial technologies to inform decision making.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Project Management Plan
- Map critiques
- Completion of a term project with a community partner
- In-class discussions