CCOG for CJA 246 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- CJA 246
- Course Title:
- Fish and Wildlife Enforcement
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course presents philosophies and concepts behind fish and wildlife management through enforcement of federal and state
laws. Students will learn variety of investigative techniques that will help lead to successful prosecutions.
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Properly investigate and enforce wildlife laws.
2. Prepare cases for courtroom presentation in a manner that will help insure successful prosecution and withstand courtroom scrutiny.
Course Activities and Design
The materials in this class will be presented in lecture, writing and discussion formats. The instructor may use power point presentations, in and out-of-class writing assignments and role-playing scenarios. The instructor may use videos, legal updates, or guest speakers as well as field trips.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment may include in-class and out-of-class writing assignments, along with student participation in, and contribution to, all class and group discussions.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
This course will address topics including, but not limited to:
• Fish and game laws
• Wildlife management
• Evidence preservation and chain of custody
• Case documentation
• Fish, hunting and trapping licenses
• Interviewing and Interrogation